Pastoral & Welfare Assistant - PADDOCK SCHOOL
36 hours per week
Term time only (39 weeks)
Paddock is a popular, outstanding split site school, known for our excellent internal training programme to develop all staff to be experts. Because of our substantial growth, an excellent opportunity has become available to join the Paddock team.
As the Pastoral & Welfare assistant, you will support the assistant head teacher responsible for safeguarding and pastoral support by undertaking a range of practical and administrative tasks to enhance the safety and wellbeing of the pupils at Paddock School
- To check the registers daily to ensure codes and pupils of concern are contacted when necessary
- To attend meetings with the EWO and support the school with maintenance of a database of pupils of concern
- To maintain a register of care plans and support the assistant head to keep plans current
- To support the facilities assistant to maintain the first aid boxes
- To create and send routine letters to support pupils health, attendance and wellbeing
- To act as deputy designated safeguarding officer and upload documents to My concern or other programs as required
- To produce data for the senior leadership team from the records held
- To act as asthma champion and support staff to use the centrally stored Ventolin
- To act as allergies champion and support staff to use the centrally stored epi pens
- To deliver training to staff on issues relating to pupil safeguarding or wellbeing.
- To liaise with the visual and hearing impaired service
- To arrange medical training for staff in line with pupil need
- To make daily checks on The Box and liaise with heads of school as needed
- To support with access to the incontinence service
- To clearly and concisely share information on a need to know basis
- Experience of working with children and young people with SEND, taking a keen interest in their learning, welfare and achievements in either a paid or voluntary capacity (eg. youth worker or play leader)
The successful candidates will demonstrate excellent interpersonal relationships and be proud to work in a school that has the vision to Nurture, Inspire and Transform Lives.
You should be: -
- A team player;
- Keen to contribute to school life
We offer: -
An outstanding training programme
- A variety of career pathways
- Opportunities for promotion within the school
- Opportunities to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Access to employee wellbeing scheme
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively please contact the school for any further details on 020 8878 1521.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email HR@paddock.wandsworth.sch.uk or post.
Closing Date: 03 August 2021(at noon)
Interview dates: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
St Margaret’s Crescent, Putney, SW15 6HL
Tel: 020 8788 5648
Head of Primary School: Deborah Dockery
Head of Middle School: Lynette Martyn
Priory Lane, Roehampton, SW15 5RT
Tel: 020 8878 1521
Head of Secondary School: Robert Pearce
Executive Headteacher: Sarah Santos
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils