Premises Manager - Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
Floreat Wandsworth Primary School is looking for a Premises Manager to support us in enhancing the environment of our school/grounds for our children to learn and develop in the best possible way.
If you are passionate about premises and facilities management, and you have a positive "can do" attitude, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you! The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen interest in maintenance and DIY, an awareness of Health and Safety, will oversee security arrangements, and above all, ensure that the premises are well maintained and fit for purpose. Reporting directly to the Regional Estates Partner, you will manage the schools premises budget, and ensure compliance regulations are met.
Enthusiasm and a willingness to adapt are considered essential qualities. If this advert speaks to your own aspirations and you are excited by the chance to play an instrumental role in creating an outstanding school for the children and families of Wandsworth, then we would love to hear from you.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good awareness of Health and Safety
- Be able to work to their own initiative
- Be capable of carrying our basic maintenance and DIY tasks
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of building maintenance works (e.g. plumbing, carpentry, electrical etc.)
- Be keen to contribute positively to the life of a school
- Please download the Job Description and Person Specification below for full details.
Why work at Floreat Wandsworth
As a member of our team, you will role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return, we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career pathways across the growing Trust.
- A supportive, friendly environment working closely with Regional Estates Partners to influence the Trust's estates strategy.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Access to an employee assistance programme.
Thrive in a Career with GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: Associate 3 (£24,000)
Hours: 36 hours per week (daily hours are split between am and pm)
Reports to: Regional Estates Partner
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: 26th February 2021
Shortlisting date: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by phone as soon as they apply.
Interview date: Interviews will be hosted as soon as the candidate is available.
Start date: As soon as possible or on a date arranged between the Regional Estates Partner and the candidate.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils