Q1E Deputy Headteacher - Belleville Primary School
Belleville Primary School is currently looking for an excellent primary practitioner to join us as Deputy Head join us from September 2023. This is an exciting opportunity both for the right candidate and for the school in the next phase of its outstanding journey.
The perfect candidate will be a model primary practitioner, who will support and develop teachers and play a leading role in the continual improvement of teaching and learning across the school.
Belleville is a large, popular and successful school with two sites (Webb’s Road SW11 6PR and Meteor Street SW11 5NZ). We offer a high quality, well-resourced and carefully structured provision, within an excellent broad and balanced curriculum. Children achieve very well, with attainment well above local and national averages. High quality specialist teachers are employed to teach PE, art, computing, music and French. We strive to meet the needs of all children – doing ‘Whatever It Takes’ to help children fulfil their potential.
We are very proud to have recently secured an “outstanding” Ofsted grade once again. In March 2022, Ofsted said:
Pupils thrive at Belleville. They speak with enthusiasm about the rich curriculum they learn. Pupils behave very well and engage positively with their learning.
Staff are proud to work at Belleville. They receive extensive professional development. They feel their workload is well managed by leaders who welcome their input on how the school operates. Teachers at the very beginning of their career feel especially well supported.
Belleville is part of the Quality First Education (Q1E) Trust, a multi-academy trust that was established in 2017. We have four schools: Belleville Primary School and Belleville Wix Academy in Battersea/Clapham, The Alton School in Roehampton and Churchfields Primary School in Beckenham. Teachers across our schools plan and train together and support one another. There are many opportunities to work across the trust and we pride ourselves on our strong career development options for teachers.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification provided.
Email your completed Q1E Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com. Please title your email “Belleville teacher”.
Closing date: 23 March 2023 (at noon)
Interviews: Week beginning 27 March 2023.
Note on Safeguarding:
- The trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- All staff are required to read and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding, and report concerns to the appropriate person. Our child protection and safeguarding policy can be found on our website.
- All our roles are school-based and will involve some work with children. Therefore:
- It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children.
- You will be required to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
- We cannot accept a curriculum vitae in place of an application form.
Belleville Primary School - Quality First Education Trust
Belleville Road, London,
Tel: 020 7228 6727
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils