Reception Class Teacher - Sacred Heart RC Primary School
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
This is a full-time one year fixed term contract
(ECTs subject to successful completion of ECF – 2 years)
Required to start from September 2023.
This Reception teacher post from September 2023 is ideal for either an ambitious and highly motivated ECT, or an experienced Reception teacher. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has a passion for working with young children and can demonstrate excellent practice with a commitment to maintaining high standards of teaching and learning. You will be joining our talented and supportive team in the EYFS.
You should have:
• a good knowledge and understanding of the Early Years curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework 2021
• an excellent understanding of the importance of communication and language within the early years, early reading and the teaching of daily high quality phonics lessons.
• the ability to work within a team, manage staff and communicate clearly with all adults and services involved with the EYFS.
• to have excellent classroom organisation and behaviour management strategies.
• Be familiar with the SEND code of practice and how to ensure provision is appropriate to all learners
• Have a good understanding of assessment (Baseline and EYFSP) and be able to make sound assessments based on professional judgment and knowledge and understanding of what a child knows, understands, and can do.
• a complete commitment to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all pupils.
In return we can offer:
• excellent opportunities for professional development. As a school we have a strong track record in developing middle leaders.
• a well-resourced curriculum
• a friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children and supportive parents.
• specialist teachers in Computing, Music and PE
• astro Turf Sports Pitch
• for ECTT applicants, a commitment to professional development through training and mentoring, a bespoke ECT programme and dedicated ECT & PPA release time
The successful applicant would join the ‘Sacred Heart family” and be part of the Federation of Sacred Heart and St Mary’s schools. Sacred Heart is an established, happy, diverse and successful school where children enjoy learning, benefiting from quality first teaching across all phases. We are committed to providing a creative broad and balanced curriculum and have specialist music, PE, computing and Italian teachers. All of this is rooted within our Catholic faith and gospel values. We welcome applications from Catholic teachers and those who are sympathetic to the Catholic faith.
Visits are warmly welcomed. We look forward to hearing from you and would encourage you to contact Mrs Byrne at Sacred Heart via the school office.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
Closing date: 05 June 2023 (noon)
Shortlisting 05 June 2023
Interviews: Week beginning 12 June 2023
The Federation of Sacred Heart and St Mary’s RC Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
CVs are not accepted.
The Federation of Sacred Heart & St Mary’s Catholic Primary Schools, Battersea
Sacred Heart RC Primary School
London, SW211 2TD
Tel no: 020 7223 5611
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Brading Associate Headteacher: Mrs N Byrne
St Mary’s RC Primary School
7 St Joseph’s Street
London, SW8 4EN
Tel no: 020 7622 5460
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Brading Associate Headteacher: Mrs C Mitchell
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils