SENCO – Part time - Allfarthing Primary School
Required from September 2019
Allfarthing is a thriving two form entry school based in Wandsworth. We see ourselves as a forward thinking, supportive school, one where children have a real desire to learn and an enthusiastic and respectful atmosphere exists between children and between adults and children.
Allfarthing is inviting applications from highly motivated professionals to take up the position of SENCO,
This will be a non class based role, but with regular contact in the classroom. The position is for a permanent 0.8 FTE, however a position of 0.6 can be discussed.
We are looking for:
- Someone who has excellent interpersonal skills and is a reflective practitioner, can work within a team including partnerships outside of school
- An individual of high standards and expectations of both themselves and others with the commitment to maintain and develop these through continuous school improvement
- Someone who inspires and motivates staff and children
- Has the skills to co-ordinate provision for children with Special Educational Needs and demonstrate the ability to lead on effective interventions
- A strategic, creative and forward thinker, with the drive and enthusiasm to continue to promote and develop the highest expectations that children can reach their full potential
- A chance to thrive in a highly ambitious school, working in partnership with a Headteacher who is passionate and determined to continue the school’s journey to excellence
- A school with a clear vision to be the school of choice within the area, underpinned by the school’s motto of ‘Excellence for All’
- A team dedicated to constant improvement, innovation and evaluation
- A senior leadership team that has a desire to ensure the school is the best it can be
- Motivated children who are keen to learn and are enthusiastic about school
- Dynamic, interested and enthused staff
- Genuine value and support of staff well-being with concepts already in place i.e. staff yoga and 'well being days'
- A highly supportive governing body
- Great facilities, housed in a large Victorian building
- The school has excellent travel links (Wandsworth Town, Clapham Junction and Earlsfield stations are nearby) plus there is free parking available on site
- Excellent partnerships with parents, local schools and organisations. Our PTA raises vital funds for the school, which have a direct impact on the children's education
Visits are warmly encouraged and our Headteacher will be available on Wednesday 24th April at 9.15am, and Thursday 25th April at 2.30pm. Please contact the School Business Manager, Debbie Tyson-Gooden, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 874 1301 to arrange a visit or for further information regarding the post.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. (Please do not use the apply button below).
Alternatively, contact Debbie Tyson-Gooden, School Business Manager, by email on email@example.com or on the number below.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post.
Applicants are encouraged to address the person specification.
Closing date: 29 April 2019 (4pm)
Interviews will be Friday 3rd May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted. No agencies please.
Allfarthing Primary School
St Ann’s Crescent, Wandsworth
London, SW18 2LR
Tel: 020 8874 1301
Group 3 Roll 403, Age 3 - 11
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils