SEND Teacher of Music - Linden Lodge School
Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale (Inner London Pay Scale) + SEN1 point (An additional SEN point is available to applicants with the Mandatory Qualification in Vision Impairment/Hearing Impairment/Multi-Sensory impairment)
Hours: Full Time
Required: September 2020
Linden Lodge School is a leading provider of education for Children and Young People aged 2 – 19 years with a Visual Impairment and/or a Multi-Sensory Impairment. We have an opportunity for an outstanding SEND Music Teacher to join our skilled and highly-motivated team of practitioners.
This post would suit an outstanding Music Teacher who would like to work collaboratively to facilitate Music lessons that are authentic, engaging and capitalise on the multi-sensory nature of music. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and motivated Music Teacher with experience of working with Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs. Experience of working with Children and Young People with a Visual Impairment would be an advantage.
We are looking for an SEND Music Teacher who:
- Can plan individually for pupils to meet a diverse range of needs from students with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities to students who are playing at Grade 8 standard
- Understands the barriers a Vision/Multi-Sensory Impairment will have on a student accessing Music and is able to implement strategies to overcome them
- Is able to demonstrate reflective practice to improve quality of teaching
- Is passionate about music and its contribution to developments and outcomes of students with SEND
- Works collaboratively and flexibly to meet the needs of the pupils.
We can offer you:
- High quality teaching and learning opportunities
- Access to training both in-house and externally
- Small classes with high staff ratio.
- The opportunity to train as a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired/Multi-Sensory Impaired
- A staff well-being programme which includes:
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free local gym membership
- End-of-term staff awards
- Weekly Art and Pilates classes
Linden Lodge School is a very special place to work and staff well-being and career progression is very important to us. In addition to our Staff wellbeing programme you will be provided with tailored in-house and external training appropriate to your needs and aspirations.
School Tour: We would like all applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Jackie Nolan, to arrange a suitable date and time either by calling 020 8788 0107 or e-mailing: email@example.com
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
You can also download an application and details from the Linden Lodge vacancy Website http://www.lindenlodge.wandsworth.sch.uk/75/staff-vacancies/cat/7/linden-lodge-school
Completed applications should be emailed to: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24 May 2020 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 25 May 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.
Linden Lodge School
61, Princes Way,
Tel: 020 8788 0107
Headteacher: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils