SEND Teaching Assistant - Sheringdale Primary School
32.5 hours per week (8:30 – 3:30pm)
Term time only (38 weeks)
Required for September 2020
One year fixed term contract, potentially leading to a permanent contract.
We need someone to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of SEND children to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them and aid them to learn as effectively as possible.
The job will include: (see job description for more details)
- Motivating and encouraging the pupils as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to their needs.
- To use initiative to provide support for SEND pupils to broaden and enrich their learning.
- Establish a supportive relationship with the pupils and to monitor their response to learning activities and where appropriate modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the learning outcomes.
- Supporting the classroom teachers and other professionals with learning activities and interventions as necessary.
- To contribute to the monitoring of children’s progress.
We need a SEND TA who:
- Is enthusiastic, reliable, has a desire to learn and a love of children.
- Is willing to learn about Special Needs or has experience.
- Wants to join a welcoming, dedicated and motivated team.
- Can provide 1:1 and small group learning support.
- Seeks to further develop their skills.
We will offer you:
- Term-time/ 8:30am - 3:30pm school hours working schedule.
- Ongoing professional development and support to settle you into your new role.
- Support of a well-organised and very positive team of colleagues.
- Opportunity to make a difference in a child’s development.
- Opportunity to work at an Ofsted Outstanding Primary school.
About our school:
Sheringdale Primary is a mainstream, Ofsted outstanding, caring, community school in the heart South West London’s Southfields. The children are curious, creative and polite and the staff and families are welcoming and supportive. The Sheringdale vision is Learn Create Grow Together and children thrive in this creative and academically successful school.
For further information on our school please view our website: www.sheringdale.org.uk
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Please apply electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: 17 June 2020 (at noon)
Interviews: week commencing 22 June 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Sheringdale Primary School
Standen Road, Wandsworth SW18 5TR
Headteacher: Sarah Jones
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils