School Bursar Part time - Southmead Primary School
0.6/ AYR – AL entitlement to be taken during school holidays
Required as soon as possible
Southmead is a happy and successful primary school. We are seeking to appoint an experienced School Bursar. You will be a key member of the School Leadership Team, contributing to the strategic planning of the school, manage a small office team, be responsible for the overall financial management of income, costs and capital investments, driving new revenue generation opportunities, the strategic oversight of site facilities, health and safety and meeting all policy, statutory and reporting obligations. You will also be responsible for all contracts relating to the school site as well as managing any major building works and projects.
To be part of our vibrant, multicultural and happy school, you MUST have:
• CSBM/DSBM qualification or equivalent business/financial management qualification.
• Strategic insight.
• The ability to manage workloads under pressure, prioritise and problem solve.
• Experience and ability to manage a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• A commitment to whole school development.
• A commitment to the ethos of the school that is inclusive and inspirational.
• Initiative and creativity.
In return we can offer you:
• Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
• A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff, committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
• Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
• A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
• A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Jan Dixon, the Office Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020 8788 8901 to make an appointment.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post
Closing Date: 06 March 2020
Interviews week commencing: 09 March 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
SOUTHMEAD Primary School
Princes Way, SW19 6QT
Tel: 020 8788 8901
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils