School Business Manager - West Hill Primary School
Permanent Full Time:
39 weeks per year plus 2 weeks
36 hours per week (8am-4pm)
Required start date: January 2023
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of school finances? Are you organised with excellent interpersonal skills? We are looking for someone special who can bring their strong managerial skills to join our team and be part of our warm and nurturing school. You will be a part of a team that makes a difference to the education and life chances of children.
West Hill is a happy and successful primary school. You will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the strategic planning of the school; you will have excellent interpersonal management and leadership skills and will be responsible for managing finance, HR liaison and extended services, health and safety, and administration – including management of the site.
To be part of our vibrant, multicultural and happy school, you MUST have:
- CSBM/DSBM qualification or equivalent business/financial management qualification
- Strategic insight
- Working experience of HR management
- Knowledge of ICT systems, including SIMS/Budget software
- The ability to manage workloads under pressure, prioritise and problem solve
- Experience and ability to manage a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to whole school development
- A commitment to the ethos of the school that is inclusive and inspirational
- Initiative and creativity
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and how this relates to school building management
In return, we can offer you:
- Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
- Membership of the Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour advice/counselling)
- A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff, committed to providing the best outcomes for children
- Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
- A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
- A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
If you are a current or aspiring SBM with drive and enthusiasm, who would like to become part of our professional and dedicated team, then this could be the role for you.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to make an appointment by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or by post.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th November 2022
Interviews week commencing: 5th of December 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
West Hill Primary School
5 Merton Road,
Tel: 020 8874 5900
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils