Senior Premises Officer - Somerset & Balham Nursery Schools and Children’s Centre's
Grade 5 - All Year Round, Split Sites (Somerset and Balham Nursery schools)
28 hours per week (Monday-Friday - 7.30am - 11.30am and 12.30 to 16.30pm)
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Senior Premises Officer to work across two sites in the WFMNS, who has the skills, enthusiasm and self-motivation to ensure that our school buildings, grounds and utilities are maintained to a high and safe standard either by performing minor maintenance works within their competency or supervising and quality checking contractors’ works.
• be organised, reliable, hardworking and able to prioritise and balance the requirements of the role to best suit the needs of the school
• have good numeracy, literacy skills and be proficient in IT
• be able to complete statutory checks and related paperwork
• would benefit from proven experience and training in Health & Safety regulations and procedures including COSHH and their application including risk assessments
• act as a key-holder, controlling site keys and perform routine and non-routine opening/locking and be responsible for the daily security and safety of all buildings within the school grounds
• be proactive and must have practical experience in a variety of trades which may include professional qualifications
• maintain an up-to-date inventory of the school’s assets and complete an annual stock check
• be responsible for transporting monies to and from the bank
If you are a good communicator and able to develop positive relationships with staff and children, work well as part of a team and can demonstrate empathy, focus and commitment, then we would like to hear from you.
All posts within WFMNS are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school’s and a willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required.
Visits to both Sites is very much encouraged. Please ring to arrange an appointment.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone numbers below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post.
Please address the person specification when completing the application form.
Closing date: 7th March 2024
Interview date: TBC
Pre interview references will be sought
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service and Social Media checks.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Wandsworth Federation of Maintained Nursery Schools (WFMNS)
Somerset Nursery School and Children’s Centre
157-159 Battersea Church Road,
London, SW11 3ND
Tel: 020 7223 5455
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils