Senior Teacher/Assistant Head (QTVI) - Linden Lodge School
Required from September 2019
Linden Lodge is a day and weekly residential special school for visually impaired children and young adults (2–19 yrs) many of whom are multi disabled with complex needs. At our recent Ofsted (February 2017), our school was judged to be a good school with an outstanding Early Years provision.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Leader (QTVI)/Assistant Head to lead our personalised learning provision based within our Minerva Centre. The postholder will undertake both class based and management responsibilities as well as duties as part of the school’s senior Leadership Team. You will play a vital role in the formation of personalised learning programmes for visually impaired students to access both the national curriculum and achieve nationally accredited qualifications.
This new role would particularly suit either a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired or an exceptional teacher willing to undertake the mandatory training.
We are looking for an experienced Leader who:
• Is able to work effectively in a team
• Is a qualified teacher of the visually impaired or willing to undertake appropriate training
• Has the ability to lead a team developing academic personalised programmes
• Is willing to engage in personal professional development in this specialist field and in leadership.
• Possesses a good understanding of legislation relevant to students with SEN needs and disabilities including Children and Families Act 2014, SEND CoP 2014 and the Equality Act.
We can offer you:
• “Leaders and managers who have created a culture of high expectations and continued learning improvement”(Ofsted January 2019)
• An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
• A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
• Excellent opportunities for CPD
• Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
• A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
• The opportunity to undertake mandatory training.
School Tour: We ask that applicants visit the school before applying for this post. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Louise Greenwood to arrange a suitable date and time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below (Please ignore the apply button)
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Linden Lodge School, 61 Princes Way, Wimbledon Park. London, SW19 6JB
Closing date: 22 April 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: Week Beginning 06 May 2019 (exact timings to be confirmed)
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
An enhanced DBS check will be required
Please Note we do not accept CVs
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
London, SW19 6JB
Tel: 0208 788 0107
Principal: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils