Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant - Floreat Wandsworth Primary school
Salary: FTE: £18,542 per annum - £15,951.57 per annum (36 hours per week)
£8,862 p.a. (20 hours per week)
Potential Extra Income: Cover supervision hours or after school clubs may be available for an experienced/suitable candidate.
Reports to: Designated class teacher
Contract type: Full Time (36 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year) - Part Time (20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year)
Contract term: Temporary. Conditional upon the child being on roll at the school.
Start date: To be confirmed - October 2022
Floreat Wandsworth Primary school is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to join its growing team.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues.
What we are looking for
Experience of working with children with SEN is preferred but not essential. You will have:
- A passion for working with primary aged children with SEN in a 1:1 and a group scenario and a determination that they will become knowledgeable and virtuous.
- A desire to work with honesty, perseverance and curiosity, and in service of all the learners in our school.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Initiative and confidence to teach pupils 1:1 and in a group effectively under the direction of the class teacher.
- Ability to manage pupils 1:1 and in a group scenario in a positive and calm way so that they achieve the highest standards in their learning.
To review the full Job Description and Person Specification for this role, please download the Job Pack below.
Why work at Floreat Wandsworth
As a member of our team, you will teach, role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return, we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish:
- You will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Working as part of the GLF Schools Trust comprising of 41 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish:
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Closing date: 03 January 2023
Interview date: Ongoing
Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
305 Garratt Lane
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils