Specialist Complex Needs Teaching Assistant (contract linked to a child) - Oak Lodge School
33.75 hours per week
39 weeks per annum
Term time only
The full time equivalent would be £29,412 - £32,205 per annum
Oak Lodge School is seeking a dedicated and compassionate teaching assistant who is willing to shape the future of complex young pupils. We require a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to provide support for a complex pupil with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This is a highly challenging position and would require someone who can defuse tough situations and has a good understanding of ASD. As a 1:1 Teaching Assistant, your primary responsibility will be to work closely with individual students who require additional support due to their ASD learning and behavioural challenges.
You will collaborate with the classroom teacher and other professionals to create a positive and inclusive learning environment for the student.
The ideal candidate:
• Experience working with students who are Deaf with ASD and behavioural challenges, preferably in an educational or special education setting.
• Strong skills to support students developing preferred communication within a total communication environment – Visual prompts, PECS, AAC and written and gestures.
• Knowledge of Trauma informed behaviour management techniques, positive reinforcement strategies, and de-escalation methods.
• Ability to establish rapport and build positive relationships with students, demonstrating patience, empathy, and understanding.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm and composed in challenging situations.
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of students and the educational environment.
• A commitment to promote a positive and supportive learning environment for all students.
The role: Specialist complex needs TA ASD (contract linked to a child)
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with behavioural challenges and are dedicated to supporting their academic and social growth, we encourage you to apply for the position of 1:1 Specialist Teaching Assistant for complex needs students.
We are looking for full-time Teaching Assistants who are willing to commit to the whole school ethos and contribute to the whole school community. This includes school trips and after school clubs.
Applicants must have English & Maths qualifications and experience of working with deaf and/or language impaired children.
To apply, you must complete an application form indicating how you meet the person specification and explain why you want to work at Oak Lodge School. Apply now to contribute to creating an inclusive and empowering educational experience for all students.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Send your application to email@example.com
Closing date: 4th March 2024
Interviews will take place week beginning: 11th March 2024
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
OAK LODGE SCHOOL
101, Nightingale Lane, London SW12 8NA
Tel : 020 8673 3453
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils