Teacher of the MDVI (Pupils with Vision Impairment and additional needs) - Linden Lodge School
(An additional SEN point is available to applicants with the Mandatory Qualification in Vision Impairment/Hearing Impairment/multisensory impairment)
Required: January 2020
Linden Lodge School is a special school for the sensory impaired in Wimbledon. We are an ambitious school striving to achieve outstanding outcomes for our students. We have 143 pupils aged 2 to 19 with vision impairment.
We are looking to appoint a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired to work within our Secondary Department. Students have a range of PMLD needs and follow a broad based curriculum that is specific to their individual needs.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher to provide high quality, challenging and differentiated educational programmes to enable our pupils to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning.
We are looking for outstanding teachers who:
• Are committed to ensuring every pupil reaches their full potential
• Are creative and innovative in their teaching
• Are able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
• Are highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching
• Are committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
• Embrace change and innovation positively
We can offer you:
• An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
• A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
• Excellent opportunities for CPD
• Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
• A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
School Tour: We would like all applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, to arrange a suitable date and time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
You can also download an application and details from the School website
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 17 October 2019 (at noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 28 October 2019
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.
Linden Lodge School
61 Princes Way
London, SW19 6JB
Tel: 0208 788 0107
Headteacher: Deborah Rix
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils