Teaching Assistants - Honeywell Junior School
A minimum of 20 hours per week, (Monday to Friday)
Term time only plus INSET days Reporting to: Inclusion Leaders
Fixed Term Contract
Required as soon as possible
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and want to make a difference to children’s learning we would like to hear from you. Qualifications in English and Maths are essential.
Honeywell Junior School is a three-form entry junior school situated between Wandsworth and Clapham Commons in South London. The school has a distinct identity but works closely with the Infant School.
We can offer:
- Wonderful pupils who remain at the heart of everything we do
- Opportunities and support to develop pedagogy and practice in innovative ways
- A school committed to the enjoyment, achievement and well-being of all
- Inner London weighting
The successful candidate should be:
- Willing to assist the teacher in supporting and enabling children with specific needs in raising achievement, attainment and aspirations
- Inspirational and creative, with the skills to make learning challenging and fun
- Able to show effective and efficient organisational skills and maintain a good work life balance
- Able to work as a part of a team but also be self-motivated to work independently
At Honeywell Junior School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. References will be carried out prior to interview and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check with a check of the Barred List. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Visits to the school are welcome, however we will adhere to strict Government social distancing and hygiene guidelines to limit any potential risks. Please telephone the school on 020 7223 5185 to speak to Sally Sephton [M, T, W] or Lorraine Blake, [W, Th, F] – Inclusion Leaders to arrange a visit.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively please visit our website www.honeywellschools.org for an application pack.
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt and interviews may take place prior to closing date, therefore an early application is recommended.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Closing Date: Friday 18th September 2020 (at noon)
Interviews: Monday 28th September 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Honeywell Junior School
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils