Team Managers and Senior Building Control Surveyors
- Are you seeking to make a difference in Building Control?
- Do you want a variety of work that allows you to experience different aspects of your role?
- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Building Control will be entering a period of change with associated challenging opportunities, and we currently have exciting positions within our Building Control Team, at Team Manager and Senior/Building Control Surveyor levels.
Who are we:
Building Control deals with building regulation applications and allied functions associated with all building types in Richmond and Wandsworth boroughs. This ranges from small domestic to large inner-city development such as Nine Elms regeneration including Battersea Power Station. We also deal with Safety of Sports Grounds including the international stadium at Twickenham.
You will be part of a hard-working and supporting team, in addition to which, we offer flexible working arrangements, training opportunities and career progression. The variety of work allows to you to gain experience in aspects of the service at all levels.
About the opportunities:
Team Manager (up to £70,027):
In this role you will manage one of five teams within the Building Control service and deal with all aspects of building control legislation.
Senior/Building Control Surveyor (up to £60,019)
As a Senior Building Control Surveyor, you will act as a professional specialist/expert at principal level in a team, dealing with works streams at the highest level. The posts will present opportunities to grow your career with increasing complexity of work and providing a path of development within the service.
Within the range of both the Team Manager post and the Senior Building Control Surveyor post there is an opportunity for a person with the relevant qualification and experience to provide Fire Engineering expertise across the service.
- This is an exciting position for a Building Control professional to manage a team within an area of the borough, who can work collaboratively with partners and motivate, develop and support others.
- You will be fully conversant with Building Control legislation and able to demonstrate specialist knowledge of the service in order to deal with complex aspects of the Building Control function.
- This is a challenging position and you will have freedom to exercise considerable initiative and develop professionally and as an individual.
- It is essential that you have ambition and drive to succeed and the position offers excellent opportunities to further develop your career with formal and informal training.
Senior/Building Control Surveyor:
- This presents exciting opportunities to join a large team of structured career development and experience a wide range of building control works in a vibrant area of South West London.
- For the Senior Building Control Surveyor post you will be fully conversant with building control legislation and be able to deal with complex aspects of the Building Control function.
- At the more junior levels there will be opportunities to develop your career with formal and informal training involving a wide range of building work.
Please review the attached Job Profiles to find out more information of the above rewarding posts
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we are receptive to flexible working arrangements Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
How to apply:
Please register and submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role (knowledge, experience, skills and qualifications). Please note, we are unable to consider incomplete applications with generic supporting statements.
If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 10th October 2021
Shortlisting Date: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible. Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils