After School Care Assistant - Furzedown Primary School
Part Time- Up to 17.5 hours per week
Permanent- Required Spring Term 2023 onwards
Do you want a challenge? Are you passionate about education and play? Would you like to make a marked difference to our school community with a particular focus on providing high quality experiences for our children beyond the school teaching day? If so, then we would welcome an application from you.
We can offer:
- Excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities
- A warm, welcoming and creative environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team
- Polite, happy and engaged children with a great enthusiasm for learning
- Supportive parents and governors committed to our school ethos
You will have experience in:
- Creating a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for children
- Sharing responsibility for the welfare of all children, following systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
- Being vigilant and protecting children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
- Developing genuine bonds with children and supporting colleagues to sensitively fulfil their responsibilities
- Reflecting on practice and daily routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child
- Contributing to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age appropriate activities and ensuring the club is well-resourced and creatively setup
- Ensuring records are kept up-to-date and are of a high standard
- Providing feedback and working in partnership with key parents, carers and school staff, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in school life.
- Contributing to the effective recording and resolution of any complaints or investigations, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Being a professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members, at all times.
You will also have:
- Flexibility, drive, determination and commitment to ensure the children at Furzedown have the best opportunities that they can
- A strong belief in inclusion and achievement for all children
- Willingness to develop awareness of Furzedown Policies and procedures and ensure these are adhered to
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed Application Forms to be returned to Recruitment@furzedown.wandsworth.sch.uk
Closing Date: 21 February 2023 (at noon)
Interview Date: Week of the 21 February 2023
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date upon receipt of successful applications.
Furzedown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS clearance.
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS clearance.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Furzedown Primary School
Telephone: 0208 672 3480
Headteacher: Mrs. D. Morris
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils