Assistant General Manager
- Employer: Western Riverside Waste Authority
- Location: Wandsworth
- Salary: Up to £51,567
- Closing date: 17th October
- Job Ref: GSe78858
- Closing date 17th October 2021
- Long listing w/c 25th October 2021
- Preliminary interviews w/c 8th November 2021
- Short listing w/c 6th December 2021
- Final panel w/c 13th December 2021
We recognise that waste management, environmental sustainability outcomes and more healthy ways of living are in the top ten of environmental issues that we face today. At Western Riverside Waste Authority (WRWA) we are focused on these areas for now and the future. We are the statutory body, or local authority, responsible for the treatment of the collected waste across the areas of;
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- London Borough of Lambeth and
- London Borough of Wandsworth
WRWA is going through a period of transformation and we are now looking for an Assistant General Manager to move our vision forward. In this role, you will ensure the waste management function operates as effectively and efficiently as possible; and to engage the public in the collected effort to do what we can to improve our environment.
We are looking for someone who has worked in, and understands the waste management industry, how it is regulated, and the opportunities and challenges associated with it. You will be an individual with experience of working operationally and be someone who can work with and manage a team of committed colleagues to deliver big outcomes. As a team player who can translate strategy into operational delivery, you will be someone who is ambitious for the organisation and the sector and able to step up as and when required as the WRWA continues its transformation.
In return, we will offer you a supportive environment as part of the senior management team, and together we will drive the changes ahead.
If you are excited by this proposition, we would be delighted to hear from you. For more information about us and the role, and for a confidential discussion contact Charlotte Croffie or Rachael Cox on 0113 205 6068 at GatenbySanderson.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
Link directly to microsite (continue to full details and apply button toward the bottom of page) : https://join-wrwa.com/job/assistant-general-manager.13950
This link takes the candidate directly to the application portal, they make have to create an account if they have not applied through our system before: https://apply.gatenbysanderson.com/permanent-job/login-or-register/1199a7cc-aaa2-4f8b-9e8e-909ca5131dec
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils