Attendance and Pupil Welfare Officer - Shaftesbury Park Primary School
24 hours 15 minutes per week, term-time only
To start ASAP
Shaftesbury Park Primary School is an award-winning, Rights Respecting State School in Battersea. We are looking for an Attendance Officer to work alongside our existing Administrative and Pastoral Teams in promoting good attendance and to work with families experiencing difficulties in this crucial area. They will be committed to supporting pupil wellbeing and achievement, working towards fulfilling the school’s commitment to a high quality of service and will promote and embody our vision and Rights Respecting Schools ethos.
- Have a good standard of education, preferable to level 2, with good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- Have experience of an Attendance Officer/Pupil Welfare Officer role
- Be able to manage time effectively and complete tasks to a high level
- Be able to prioritise tasks, working to tight deadlines with minimum supervision and under own initiative
- Be able to work both as an effective team member and on one’s own
- Be willing to undertake further professional development
- Have a clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a school environment
- Play a full part in the life of the school community; support the school’s priorities and ethos and encourage staff and students to follow this example
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Knowledge of statutory requirements of legislation concerning safeguarding, including child protection, and equal opportunities
- A supportive team of staff.
- A thorough induction process.
- Access to excellent professional development.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further information please contact our SBM Mrs Christine Imms by phone on 020 7228 3652 or by email email@example.com.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post. Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Closing date: 18th May 2022 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 19th – 20th May 2022
Interviews: From 23rd May 2022 onwards
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Shaftesbury Park Primary School
Ashbury Road, London
Tel: 020 7228 3652
Headteacher: Mrs Bunmi Richards
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils