Deputy General Manager
- Employer: Western Riverside Waste Authority
- Location: Wandsworth
- Salary: Up to £86,000
- Closing date: 17th October
- Job Ref: GSe78730
- Closing date 17th October 2021
- Long listing w/c 25 October 2021
- Preliminary interviews w/c 1 November 2021
- Short listing w/c 29 November 2021
- Final panel w/c 6 December 2021
We recognise that waste management, environmental sustainability outcomes and more healthy ways of living are in the top ten of environmental issues that we face today. At Western Riverside Waste Authority (WRWA) we are focused on these areas for now and the future. We are the statutory body, or local authority, responsible for the treatment of the collected waste across the areas of;
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- London Borough of Lambeth and
- London Borough of Wandsworth
WRWA is going through a period of transformation and we are now looking for a Deputy General Manager to move our vision forward. In this role, you will influence our strategy and strategic partnerships; support commercialisation; ensure the waste management function operates as effectively and efficiently as possible; and engage the public in the collected effort to do what we can to improve our environment.
Working with the General Manager and the Authority’s Constituent Councils, we are looking for a strategic thinker with commercial acumen to deliver an exciting mandate to innovate, improve and deliver environmentally sustainable outcomes. You will have experience of project, procurement, contract, and budget management. You will have experience of engaging with stakeholders at all levels, to negotiate and deliver best value services and challenge the WRWA and its partners to be even more ambitious for a better future.
In return, we will offer you a supportive environment as part of the senior management team, and together we will drive the changes ahead.
If you are excited by this proposition, we would be delighted to hear from you. For more information about us and the role, and for a confidential discussion contact Charlotte Croffie or Rachael Cox on 0113 205 6068 at GatenbySanderson.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to microsite for Dep GM role: https://join-wrwa.com/job/GSe78730-Deputy-General-Manager-.13804 (there is a button entitled Continue to Full Details and Apply)
Alternatively this link will take candidates straight through to the start of our application portal asking them to login or create an account: https://apply.gatenbysanderson.com/permanent-job/login-or-register/74057cc7-3b40-4dde-a1ab-81064beb3635#continue-to-full-details
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils