Head of Business and Economics - Ernest Bevin College
Required: September 2022
Ernest Bevin College, whose students are aged between 11-19, is a vibrant and a truly inclusive all boys college with a mixed sixth form. Based in Tooting, South West London, our college takes pride in having an exceptional level of pastoral care where all staff are dedicated to giving each and every student both a quality learning experience and the life skills that opens doors to any career path they wish to tread in the future.
Our students, governors and staff are now seeking to appoint a Head of Business and Economics. You will have overall responsibility for the professional leadership and management of the department, including managing and promoting the performance of teachers and technicians, inspiring excellent attainment in these subjects and delivering an extra-curricular programme.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher and an inspiring curriculum leader that can use their excellent subject knowledge to deliver first-class teaching at GCSE, A Level and Level 2 and Level 3 vocational qualifications that inspires, excites and motivates our students.
- Have proven success in raising achievement as a subject leader or classroom practitioner.
- Have successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- Have a strong level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement, including the use of interactive white boards.
Ernest Bevin College will offer you:
- A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence.
- A supportive, welcoming community of professionals.
- A range of professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, vibrant and social community.
- Access to our onsite facilities including a 25m swimming pool and fitness studio which can be used outside of the college day.
Should you feel you have the attributes we are looking for, we would very much look forward to hearing from you.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively, these can be downloaded from the college website: https://ernestbevin.london/
Completed application forms should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2022 (at noon)
Interviews: We reserve the right to interview before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
EBC is promoting a green travel policy. We cannot guarantee car parking on site for those joining us.
Ernest Bevin College
Tel: 020 8672 8582
Web: Ernest Bevin College
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils