Midday Assistant - Belleville Primary School - Quality First Education Trust
7.5 Hours per week. (1.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday - hours may be 12.00-1.30pm or 12.30-2.00pm)
Term time only (39 weeks per year, including INSET days)
Holiday is not to be taken during term time.
Belleville Primary School is a popular, successful school in the Battersea/Clapham area of south London, with around 1,000 children spread across two sites.
Belleville is part of the Quality First Education (Q1E) Trust, a multi academy trust established in 2017.
We are currently looking for midday assistants to supervise and assist children over the lunchtime period inside the school, the lunch halls and the playgrounds. To ensure a safe and positive learning environment is maintained and all children behave in an appropriate manner.
We have two school sites (Webb’s Road SW11 6PR and Meteor Street SW11 5NZ) and you must be flexible to work on either site.
We are looking for candidates who:
- enjoy working with children and can relate to them on their level;
- are confident with managing the behaviour of groups of children;
- can initiate age-appropriate games and activities;
- are tolerant, empathetic and calm under pressure.
Experience of working with groups of children is desirable.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so we encourage you to apply early.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification provided.
Email your completed Q1E Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com, Please title your email “Midday assistant”.
Closing date: 31 October 2021 (at noon) (applications will be reviewed as they come in)
Interviews: To be arranged.
Note on Safeguarding:
The trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All staff are required to read and comply with policies and procedures relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding, and report concerns to the appropriate person. Our child protection and safeguarding policy can be found on our website.
This role is school-based and involves work with children. Therefore:
- It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children.
- You will be required to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
We cannot accept a curriculum vitae in place of an application form.
Belleville Primary School - Quality First Education Trust
Belleville Road, London,
Tel: 020 7228 6727
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils