Premises Assistant - Bolingbroke Academy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated premises Assistant to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and personal development. Frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
As a vital part of our Premises team you will be responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and smooth running of our beautiful listed school. You will support the Premises Manager in ensuring the building and grounds of the Academy are maintained to a high standard, Health and Safety compliant and that all necessary checks are completed and recorded allowing the pupils to learn in a safe and clean environment.
Reports to: Premises Manager
Start date: November 2020
Salary: 40hours £23,571 per annum
Closing Date: 6th October 11.00am
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
- You will be a keyholder and responsible for opening and/or closing the building. Typically, Monday-Friday however weekends may be required and are contractual.
- Ensure that all plant and other equipment is available and working effectively.
- Undertake planned and ad-hoc building maintenance tasks in and around the Academy, ensuring work is carried out to a high standard.
- Supervise contractors working on site, operating a permit to work system as required.
- Manage deliveries within the school.
- Manage the refuse and its disposal.
- Set up classrooms, assembly halls, dinning areas and sports hall as required.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the Premises manager, Operations manager or Core team.
Health and safety
- Be trained and act as a Fire Warden and First aider.
- Work with the Premises Manager to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and best practices.
- Assist with maintaining risk assessments and management plans ensuring that they are up to date.
- Comply with action plans to rectify deficiencies identified.
- Work with the Premises Manager in conducting routine inspections and record keeping.
- Report and make safe any hazards on site (internal and external), reporting these to Premises Manager.
- Follow fire safety and evacuation measures and ensure fire risk assessments are followed.
- Previous experience of caretaking, building maintenance or similar transferable experience required.
- Previous experience within a trade or with strong general maintenance skills is desirable.
- Tasks required in the role can be physical.
- Basic computer experience is required.
School ethos and culture
- Bolingbroke Academy’s has an ethos of high expectations, courage and compassion, we want staff to act as a role model for these practices.
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
- We value difference and embrace the individual.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils