Premises Assistant - Sellincourt Primary School
36 hours per week - Full Time
All Year Round
Required to start ASAP in 2023
We are looking for a hardworking, friendly and dedicated person with a range of practical skills, to join our successful school team to help maintain our school site and keep it safe and clean. The successful candidate will take pride in the school, have high standards and be proactive. They will also need to be able to undertake minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
Working in partnership with our friendly team, the successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the security, maintenance and facilities management of the school site including all the buildings, grounds and swimming pool
- Undertake cleaning tasks to ensure that the site is clean, tidy and in good repair on a day-to-day basis
- Supervise contractors on site
- Undertake a range of minor repairs, maintenance, decorating and gardening
- Carry out Health and Safety checks
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs and safety of the children and staff
- Take pride in the role and ensure that site is well-maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and Health and Safety
- Share the vision for the school and be committed to making a difference to our children and our community
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake regular training to enable them to undertake their role effectively and to comply with Health and Safety regulations. The role will include working at height. Experience in any of the areas of the role is desirable, but training and an induction programme will be provided. Due to the nature of the role there will be instances of lone working and manual handling including the lifting of large and heavy items. Full training will be given.
Hours will fall between 7.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m and may differ slightly on each day (normal hours would be 7.30 am to 4.12 pm with a one hour lunch break). Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged through the school office.
You will be joining a hard working and friendly team and you will be provided with support, guidance and training.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Alternatively, please contact Jane Potter by phone on 020 8672 6796 option 0 or email email@example.com
Completed application should be returned to the school by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17th February 2023 (at noon)
Interview/Selection Day: Week commencing 20th February 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Sellincourt Primary School
Tel: 020 8672 6796
Fax: 020 8672 6057
Headteacher: Miss Hayley Clayton
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils