Premises Officer - Hillbrook Primary School
All year round - shift work between the hours of 7:00 & 18:00 (No split shifts)
36 hours per week - You may be required to work additional hours
Start as soon as possible
Hillbrook Primary School is an Outstanding Primary School with a fantastic reputation. We are a large 3/4 form entry School at the heart of a diverse and vibrant multi-ethnic community. We are located in Tooting South West London, very close to both Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec Stations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated individual to join our happy, successful and very friendly Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining our site with pride and ensuring a safe, welcoming environment for the whole school community. You must be flexible, organised with high standards and a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy working in a child friendly environment and manage a physically demanding schedule.
Your main duties would include: -
- To act as a key holder and ensure the security of the premises as delegated by the Site Operations Manager (SOM), Headteacher and SBM;
- Unlocking and closing of the school and supporting the smooth day to day running of the school site
- Be responsible for opening and closing all school gates at agreed times and as and when required
- Carrying out general maintenance and contributing to the development of the school premises and grounds
- Under the direction of the Site Operations Manager (SOM), be responsible for general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school and grounds. Maintain the premises (both internally and externally) in a safe, clean, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and community users.
- Assist in all checks and maintain records to meet statutory health and safety requirements e.g. COsH, Legionella, fire safety and alarms
- Work closely with the Site Operations Manager (SOM) line manager, School Business Manager and Head Teacher
- Liaise effectively with a range of people, organise and supervise contractors on site.
In return, we can offer: -
- Being part of a happy, vibrant and extremely successful school
- Working with a great staff that value and support each other (we have fun!)
- Working in a well-resourced, organised and well cared for environment
- A strong, well- motivated leadership team, who are visible and lead strongly by example
- Opportunities for career development and training
- An opportunity to take on a new challenge and be supported in developing the school sites
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact Claire Martin via the school office.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For more information and to arrange a visit, please phone 020 8672 3957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Closing & Shortlisting: 02 October 2020 (at noon)
Provisional Interview: 08 October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Hillbrook Primary School
Hillbrook Road, London SW17 8SG
Tel: 020 8672 3957
Headteacher: Mrs Debbie Hart
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils