Premises Officer - John Burns Primary School
36 hours per week, overtime maybe required
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm (break 12pm to 2pm Monday to Thursday and 12pm to 1:45pm Friday)
All Year Round, non-residential
Required as soon as possible
We are a committed and supportive school with a strong inclusive ethos, where children are at the heart of everything we do.
The school’s Governors wish to appoint a conscientious and hard-working Premises Officer. You will maintain excellent, friendly relationships with children, staff and visitors and keep the school safe, clean and in good repair. This position is available to start as soon as possible. Any job offer is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references/health check and 6 months probationary period.
Our children have asked that our new Premises Officer “…is good at fixing things, will not get cross when balls land on the roof and will help us make our school look even better”.
Duties will include:
- Security, minor repairs, painting, building shelves and general maintenance of school
- Managing a team of cleaners and performing emergency cleaning
- Monitoring the work of outside contractors
- Occasionally transporting monies to and from the bank
- As an emergency key holder, call outs to school site (including school house) to deal with emergencies
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment / Fire Risk Assessment and Electrical Safety testing (PAT)
- Carrying out checks, monitoring and completing paperwork for Health and Safety aspects of the post including asbestos, COSHH and legionella’s, as well as keeping an up to date inventory of school assets.
- Flexibility and reliability
- Strong oral, written and numeracy skills.
- Committed to delivering high service standards.
- Experience of working in a school or similar environment for a minimum of one year.
- Self motivating and innovative.
- An understanding of Health and Safety regulations and their application
- Demonstrate ability to organise and manage a diverse workload
- A good team player with a cheerful disposition with an eye for detail.
- Proven record of effective and strong commitment to equal opportunities.
- IT skills
- Have practical experience of carpentry, plumbing and other types of repairs and maintenance
- Experience of working to a budget and monitoring expenditure against this
- First Aid qualification or willing to train as a first aider
If you would to visit the school please call: 0207 228 3857 and ask to speak to Mrs Mary Buckley (Business Manager) to arrange an appointment.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Please e-mail completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 16 September 2022 (at noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 19 September 2022
If you have not heard from us by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The school reserves the right to withdraw the advert and bring forward the intended interview date for suitable candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
This post is subject to DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
John Burns Primary School
21 Wycliffe Road
London SW11 5QR
Tel: 020 7228 3857
Headteacher: Mr Brian Grogan
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils