Premises Officer - The Alton School
36 hours per week (Split shift 7:30 – 11:00 am and 2:30 to 6:12pm each day)
Start Date: as soon as possible
Closing Date for Applications 26th May 2020
The Alton School is looking for a premises officer responsible for maintaining the security, safety and cleanliness of the school.
Our school is an exciting one to work in and we have a team of committed staff and governors who work exceptionally hard to give the children in our community the very best. We serve a diverse multi-cultural community and celebrate the richness that this brings to school life.
We are looking for someone who:
- can demonstrate the ability to carry out minor repairs and maintenance
- ensure the site is clean and tidy
- carry out regular safety checks and risk assessments, to ensure the site is a warm secure and safe place.
- Is able to be a key holder, responsible for the security of the school
- has a knowledge of safeguarding for young children and vulnerable adults.
- Relish a physically demanding workload
- A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances
- A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working environment with extensive grounds
- A commitment to working with and within our local community
- A creative and innovative environment which encourages a 'risk taking' and positive mind set culture
- A happy school - where children smile, they are eager to learn and where standards are high.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from our website www.altonschool.org.uk. Alternatively please contact the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any further information please email the school on email@example.com
Completed application should be returned to the school by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We do not accept CVs.
Please don’t wait for the closing date to complete your application as we will assess each application as soon as we receive it and will interview suitable candidates before the closing date.
Danebury Avenue, Roehampton, London SW15 4PD
Tel: 020 8876 8482
Headteacher: Ruth Hudson
Deputy Headteacher: Linsay Thomson
Twitter: @thealton Instagram.com/the_alton_primary_school Facebook: @altonprimary
Quality First Education Trust Part of the Quality First Education Trust. Registered company number: 07768645.
Registered address: Belleville Primary School, Belleville Road, London SW11 6PR
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils