Receptionist / Administrator - Oak Lodge School
Hours: Monday & Tuesday 7:45am to 4:00pm (including ½ hour unpaid lunch break) 15½ hours per week, term time plus INSET days per year.
Start September 2022
Oak Lodge is a mixed maintained regional day and residential school situated near to both Wandsworth and Clapham Common with good transport links. Parking is available on-site.
Oak Lodge School provides education for pupils aged 10 to 19 from 32 local authorities. The provision is for students:
- Who are D/deaf
- Who have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
We are an inclusive school where every student and member of staff is valued highly. Pupils are enthusiastic and friendly and enjoy a varied academic and vocational curriculum.
We are looking to add a reliable, hard-working, self-motivated, friendly and flexible person with excellent skills to our admin team. Good team work is essential as well as the ability to work alone on your own initiative.
You will be committed to providing a friendly, efficient and accurate service and be able to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
We need someone who can:
- Greet guests and visitors and make them feel welcome in a positive and friendly manner.
- Monitor people attending evening classes and meetings
- Work on a switchboard co-ordinating calls and prioritising work.
- Use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a good standard. SIMS knowledge would be useful.
- Perform clerical duties and office procedures.
- Promote a positive image of the School.
You will need to:
- be punctual, presentable and friendly;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have recent experience of using a telephone switchboard;
- be able to use outlook for sending and receiving email;
- Knowledge of British Sign Language a distinct advantage
We can offer a friendly and supportive environment with training opportunities.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further information, please go to the school website: www.oaklodge.wandsworth.sch.uk
To arrange a visit please contact Angela Dudman, HR Officer.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Angela Dudman at the school address below.
Closing date: 9th September 2022 (at noon)
Interviews will be week commencing 12th September 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note CV’s are not accepted.
Oak Lodge School
101 Nightingale Lane, London SW12 8NA
Tel : 020 8673 3453
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils