Receptionist - Bolingbroke Academy
Fixed Term Maternity Cover until July 2020
Start date: November 2020
Reports to: Office Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated person to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing the individual and personal development. This is through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff.
- Manage a busy reception area singlehandedly, taking incoming calls, answering visitor queries and supporting Pupil Services activities.
- Managing pupil attendance during external appointments and documenting daily attendance on the system.
- Ensuring registers are completed every lesson.
- Responsible for the safeguarding of pupils by managing access to the building and following all Keeping Children Safe in Education policies.
- Manage the communication and documentation of daily detentions.
- Organise internal post and communications.
School ethos and culture
- Bolingbroke Academy’s has an ethos of high expectations, courage and compassion, we want staff to act as a role model for these practices.
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
- All staff should be proactive in the social, emotional and academic wellbeing of students.
- We value difference and embrace the individual.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain effective communication.
- Previous receptionist and administrative experience desirable.
- Good level of computer literacy is required.
- Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
- Be committed to the values of Inclusion and diversity.
- The ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students and pupils.
- The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
Closing Date: 13 October 2020 (at 11am)
All positions are subject to rigorous and stringent safeguarding and reference checks. This includes enhanced DBS checks and safer recruiting vetting checks.
Tel: 020 7924 8200
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils