SEN Class Teacher - Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Required ideally from October 2023 willing to consider a Jan start for the right candidate
Smallwood Primary School and Language unit is a one form entry school with 265 pupils currently on role, including a resource base with 45 pupils. Our recent Ofsted inspection (2022) graded it a ‘Good’ school, highlighting: ‘pupils enjoy coming to school and are safe’, “Teachers are encouraging. They have high aspirations for all pupils and make it possible for them to succeed in their learning”.
We are a school moving forward with purpose to improve the quality of teaching and learning with a commitment to raising standards.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Smallwood Primary School Language Unit for an excellent practitioner who is committed to the development of high quality inclusive provision for pupils with language impairments and associated special educational needs.
We require a confident, enthusiastic teacher with a ‘can do’ mentality and excellent inter-personal skills to work as part of a team in developing and delivering a range of learning activities.
You will be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner
• Knowledgeable about Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties.
• Passionate about teaching and learning
• Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of communication disorders, including DLD, Autism and effective strategies used to enhance the learning and development of these pupils
• Ability to adapt the curriculum to suit the needs of the children.
• Committed to enabling pupils to progress in all areas of their educational experiences in our school
• Committed to inclusion
• Willing to undertake training for professional development
Significant experience in the teaching of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and/or language impairment is essential and knowledge of Makaton and TEACCH is desirable.
This is an exciting time to join Smallwood’s team as there are opportunities for forward thinking, passionate individuals to play a significant part in further developing our school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email
Closing date: 22 September 2023 (at 9am)
Interviews: 28 September 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Tooting SW17 0TW
T: 020 8672 6024
F: 020 8682 2065
Headteacher: Mrs. F. Loudon
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils