SEN Teaching Assistant - Shaftesbury Park Primary School
27 hours 30 minutes per week
To start September 2022
Shaftesbury Park is an ambitious, forward thinking, Rights Respecting School in Battersea. We are looking for a SEN teaching assistant who will be responsible, under the instruction or guidance of the class teacher, for supporting a pupil with SEN, enabling them to access learning. They will play a key role in supporting the class teacher by supporting vulnerable pupils and be committed to putting the child’s wellbeing first.
- Enjoy working with children and be able to develop positive relationships with them.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child being supported
- Have relevant training in supporting children with special educational needs in the classroom setting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience working with children with Down’s Syndrome, ASD
- Have experience in implementing specific programs e.g. SALT, OT
- Knowledge of Makaton desirable
- A supportive team of staff.
- A thorough induction process.
- Access to excellent professional development.
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further information and to apply please contact our SBM Mrs Christine Imms by phone on 020 7228 3652 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or by post. Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Closing date: 12 July 2022 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 13 July 2022
Interviews: 15 July 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Shaftesbury Park Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs Bunmi Richards
Ashbury Road, London
Tel: 020 7228 3652 Fax: 020 7223 0584
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils