SENCo – 2 days per week - St Faith's CE Primary School
‘Pupils are at the heart of all that leaders and staff do at this warm and welcoming school. Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around school is impeccable. The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.’ Ofsted March 2019.
‘Staff support pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) well. Consequently, they enjoy their learning and make good progress.’ Ofsted March 2019.
We seek to appoint from September 2021, an inspirational SENCo to work as part of our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high quality provision for our SEND pupils, enabling pupils to make good progress in their learning. Ideally, candidates will hold the National Award for SEND co-ordination.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead, monitor and evaluate the development of teaching strategies for pupils with SEN;
- Make a valuable contribution to the provision of high quality teaching and learning;
- Lead on raising standards of attainment and achievement for all SEN pupils;
- Provide staff across the school with access to appropriate professional development;
- Have a passion for providing a curriculum for all children to succeed;
- Be able to work effectively within a supportive, committed and successful staff team;
- Have high aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
In return, we can offer:
- A commitment to your professional development through training, coaching and mentoring;
- A well-resourced curriculum in a friendly and supportive working environment;
- Opportunity to work in the SW London Maths Hub developing your skills in teaching a mathematics mastery curriculum;
- Opportunity to work with SW London English Hub developing skills for teaching phonics, reading and comprehension;
- A proactive and enthusiastic staff team dedicated to learning.
Visits are warmly welcomed and car parking facilities are available. We look forward to hearing from you and would encourage you to contact our School Business Manager (Maja Freiensener/Debbie Stalley) on 020 8874 2653 to arrange a visit or for any further information. Please visit the school website to read our most recent Ofsted inspection report: www.stfaiths.wandsworth.sch.uk
An Application Form and supported documents can be downloaded below.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post. We encourage applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 21st June 2021 (at noon)
Shortlisting: Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
St Faith's CE Primary School
Alma Road, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1AE
Tel: 020 8874 2653
Acting Headteacher: Mrs Julie De Silva
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils