SEND Teaching Assistant - Sheringdale Primary School
32.5 hours per week (8:30 – 3:30pm)
Term time only (38 weeks)
One-year fixed term contact, potentially leading to a permanent contract
Required for September 2019 (or earlier)
Sheringdale Primary is a mainstream, Ofsted outstanding, caring, community school in the heart South West London’s Southfields. The children are curious, creative and polite and the staff and families are welcoming and supportive. The Sheringdale vision is Learn Create Grow Together and children thrive in this creative and academically successful school. It is an exciting time filled with opportunities with a new build expanding the school to two form entry.
We need someone to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of SEND children to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them and aid them to learn as effectively as possible. The pupils are well behaved and eager to learn.
We need a SEND TA who:
• Is enthusiastic, reliable, has a desire to learn and a love of children.
• Is willing to learn about Special Needs or has experience.
• Wants to join a welcoming, dedicated and motivated team.
• Can provide 1:1 and small group learning support.
• Seeks to further develop their skills.
We will offer you:
• Term-time/ 8:30am - 3:30pm school hours working schedule.
• Ongoing professional development and support to settle you into your new role.
• Support of a well-organised and very positive team of colleagues.
• Opportunity to make a difference in a child’s development.
• Opportunity to work at an Ofsted Outstanding Primary school.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
For further information on our school please also view our website: www.sheringdale.org.uk or contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Please apply electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16 July 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 18 July 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
Sheringdale Primary School
Wandsworth SW18 5TR
Tel: 020 8874 7340
Headteacher: Sarah Jones
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils